Sunday, April 11, 2010

La Thingy

The Witcher, the thief, and the Healer

The rain poured hard on the ground. The water flowed downward towards the line of plague bodies. In the middle of the street there stood the Witcher. The Witcher had a grin on his face as he walk by the decaying body left on the street. The man had white hair, a face with line made by age and stress, and walked with a limp. A man smaller than him walk towards him.

“Do you have to do this all the time? I can’t make money this way if you keep doing this!” The man yelled
“This is only research you should be fine.”
“Well our friend says this isn’t a nice thing to do cause everyone to die.”
“The healer? Well tell her I don’t care.”
“Arthas… You’re so self center.”

The Witcher and small man parted ways one heading down the wet rocky road the other walking up the hill. The small man walk pass a crowd of people slipping though them without them noticing him. As he slipped past them he put his small cold hands into their pockets picking out items varying to gold to keys. This man was the thief. The thief was a small man. He had brown hair, blue eyes, and a smooth face. He walked toward a building counting the small change he had.

“Hello sis”
“Where have you been?”
“Well I bumped into the Witcher just recently.”
“Did he say he’ll stop?”
“No.”
“No?!?”
“He doesn’t care about anyone besides him.”
“Well I can just heal every sick person who comes in here because of him.”
“Well If just doesn’t care.”

The Thief raised his hand and lit the lamp above their head. The flame was bright and made the shadow around move. The Thief looked around and then at his lifelong friend then looked away and said.
“I have to go.”
“Go where to steal more from the kingdom?”
“I got keys to try and the night is still dark!”
“Fine go outside and get yourself killed!”

The Thief look away made a face and then left. The Healer sat there in the rocking chair the Witcher made for her a long time ago. The healer turned away and brushed the hair back from her eye and then went to the back of the house. Their laid rows and rows of the sick and dying. She sat then and rewet a cloth that was on the head of a man. She sigh look away then back at the man. She then closed her eyes and opened them. But when she re-opens them they had a green flare in it. She raised her hand which had a green mist around it and put on the face of the man.

Outside the thief lift up a small coin on his necklace and said a lucky spell.
“Spirits of yesteryear show me gold appears!”
He dashed though the crowd with the people around him gasping and holding their satchel and bags. Yelling out in dismay.
“What…My gold is gone!”
“Huh…Someone took my jewels.”
“What’s going on?”

The thief then took off into a wet damp alley turning left and right until he reached a heavy damp door at the end. He reached for the handle and open the door as he went inside the smell of sulfur filled the air.

“What the heck are you doing in here Arthas?”
“Just perfecting my plague.”
“Anyway our friend still wants you to stop there’s a small pile of bodies pilling up behind our house, you’re costing us money to move the bodies, and there are now wraiths and ghost in our house.”
“Heh sorry my friend but this was my dream.”
“Your dream?!? Your dream was to kill off the entire kingdom?”
“No…Not that…My dream was to be king.”
“So you’re going to kill everyone so you can be king?”
“No…This kingdom is infected with the people who are not meant to be living, they’re rotting people who deserve to die.”
“Your becoming the same as those you hate Arthas.”
“Your killing innocent people for you own selfish needs.”
“IAM NOTHING LIKE THEM!” snapped back Arthas.
“I guess you’re really are a Witcher.”
“Your becoming old, angry, and evil every day, you should really stop doing this you’re become an old man while me, and the healer look just fine.”
“Looks don’t matter I’m still as strong as you!”
“Well yeah, anyway that’s not the point I came to say that you should stop what you’re doing.”
“Why come this far and stop now? Soon I could be king in just a few days the king guards would not be able to stop me!”
“You’re literally the most insane person I have met.”
“You mean I’m the most “Figuratively” insane person you ever met!”
“No you are really the most insane person I have ever met.”
“I’m not that crazy.”
“You the only person besides the shamans who have shrunken heads.”
“Wouldn’t that make the shamans crazy too?”
“Never mind I’m leaving come get me when you kill the king.”
“With do time my friend with due time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment